The Nurturing Pathways® Program
- The Nurturing Pathways® Program is derived from scientific research on the brain-body connection.
- Movement is the gateway for learning during a child’s first four years because of its positive impact on development and school readiness.
- The Nurturing Pathways® curriculum is built upon the “Four Legs for Learning;” bonding and attachment, dance concepts, energy coordination patterns, and sensory pathways. These pillars support the fact that young children need to move to learn and play to grow.
- The Nurturing Pathways® curriculum targets age appropriate learning and growth encompassing cognitive, physical, sensory and social-emotional development as well as parent education.
- Nurturing Pathways® offers creative dance classes for families, parent education workshops, educators’ workshops, licensing for instructors and a line of Creativ Play Products™.
Nurturing Pathways®, Inc was founded in 2001 by Christine Roberts who combined her passion for dance with brain development and early childhood. After years of teaching dance and performing professionally, Christine wanted to turn her attention to the formative years that constitute a prime time for learning; infant up to school aged.
Initially founded to address the needs of infants in caregiving environments the company expanded when the program was discovered by Pigeon Hearts in Tokyo, Japan. Their interest in Nurturing Pathways® led to developing the Certification Program launched in 2005. Training and certification by the founder occurs annually in Seattle, WA and continues to build a national and international group of instructors who teach the program at dance studios, community centers, health clubs, urban play spaces, day-cares, early intervention and parent education programs.
Nurturing Pathways® is now spreading the word with its creative dance program, Creative Play™ products, and workshops for educators that movement is a catalyst for organizing early cognitive, emotional, and physical development. Parents experience fun and pleasure dancing with their child and discover movement is the gateway for learning!